Saturday, August 2, 2014

My New Birds Found While Traveling from Billings, Montana to Yellowstone

American Goldfinch

My husband, grandson and I took a trip to Billings, Montana in July for a family reunion, trip to Yellowstone and fishing. Along the way I was always on the lookout for the birds. My goal was hopefully to get 5 new ones. I exceeded this by seeing 14! I did not get a photo of the Lark Bunting and a very poor one of the Barrow's Goldeneye which is the last of these photos. It was an amazing trip with family. We were especially happy to share this time with our 19 year old grandson, Tallan.


 Black-capped Chickadee

American Dipper

Caspian Tern

Cassin's Finch

Common Goldeneye F

Gray Catbird

Horned Lark

Sharp-tailed Grouse

Swainson's Hawk

Western Meadowlark

Williamson's Sapsucker

Barrow's Goldeneye

Birders at the whatbird.com forum were wonderful in helping me with the identification of some of the birds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment