Friday, May 30, 2014

Birding on Mt. Lemon, Tucson, Arizona

My husband, Keith, and I spent a wonderful morning and early afternoon with our friends Kate Reynolds and her mother, Virginia Foley Reynolds. This time we let the birds come to us. We found a comfortable spot, sat is our chairs with coffee and were rewarded with some exciting looks and sounds of birds.

The following is a sampling of some of beautiful birds we saw.

American Robin
Red-faced Warbler

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher -I was very surprised that I captured this fast moving little bird.


Cordilleran Flycatcher

Hermit Thrush

Painted Redstart


Spotted Towhee

Summer Tanager

White-breasted Nuthatch by nest in cavity of tree

House Wren

There are always the birds I am not sure of, such as this little bird in the photo below. My thought is that she is a Female Lesser Goldfinch.

One of the rewards while birding is a chance to see other wildlife.
Cliff Chipmunk



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Carol, your photos capture our day perfectly. I remain amazed at how many birds will come to us if we only sit quietly and wait.

    Lovely photos of a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete