Monday, May 21, 2012

Wood Duck Magic


Great photo taken by Christina
I get ebird alerts sent to me via my email. Last week there was an alert for a Wood Duck at a park near us. My husband pack up his camera and Christina and I got our birding things together and off we went. He had already been there for over a week, so we were hoping he hadn't decided to take off for places unknown.


Christina arrived about 5 minutes ahead of us. She went immediately to the lake and the first bird she saw was the Wood Duck! What a beautiful bird! I know this is an ordinary bird to see in many parts of the country, but not here in Tucson, Arizona.






There was just the one Wood Duck, but he looked like he was having a great time swimming with the Mallards. He did everything they did. When they took off across the pond, he did too. When they got out of the water the preen themselves, he followed right along. I know this is being anthropomorphic, but he seemed to enjoy spending time with the big boys.






No comments:

Post a Comment