Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Joy of Birding

I've taken up the wonderful new hobby of birding. My daughter, Christina, got me interested after she watched a fun movie called The Big Year. My husband loves to come along to take some of the photos of the birds we see. I live in the desert city of Tucson, Arizona. We love to hike and birding makes hiking even more enjoyable. We are always on the lookout for these little treasures hiding in bushes, trees, on cactus and flying through the air. The photo below is the road to Sabino Canyon used by walkers and  bicyclists. 
There are many trails to take along the way that go up into the mountains or down to the Sabino Creek. And of course there are many birds to see along the way. 


The Gila Woodpecker  (pronounced hela with a long e)  


The Cactus Wren is our state bird.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful landscape! My Aunt lives in Prescott and she has told me about those catcuses.

    ReplyDelete