Monday, January 9, 2012

The Gifts of a Christmas Just Past



Before Christmas, I shared photos of the wordless book I was making for my granddaughter.
Here she is telling her own stories. She is 3 years old. She began each page with, "One daaaay, Cattie Caterpillar ..." She loves the book just like I hoped she would. I added a few more pages after my last post on the book, and also went back and put a different hat or swimming goggles, for the ocean scene, on the large storyteller caterpillar at the bottom of each page.

The other gift I made was the matching aprons for my daughter, granddaughter and doll.

The chair was given to my husband when he was
2 years old. My sister-in-law wove a new seat and
repainted it for our oldest daughter for Christmas
when she was little. Now it has been repainted and
given to our granddaughter. The chair is about 64 years old!




























Our kitchen is being renovated, but we still managed to cook a great dinner together. I will tell you about it in my next post.

8 comments:

  1. Very very adorable. I love these photos. The aprons are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the idea of the wordless book to inspire a creative mind! I'll have to remember that for my own son, who just turned 1. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful memory you have created for your daughter and granddaughter! And I second what Melissa said about the wordless book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love both of these traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew she would love it! She is a cutie! the aprons look great too! What a lucky girl to have a grandma like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! Love the matching aprons and that wordless book looks just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great and your granddaughter looks to be enjoying it. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete